Revised June 2020
Bullying and Harassment at Jack and Jill Parent Participation Preschool refers to:
improper conduct by an individual or individuals, that is directed at and offensive to another individual in the workplace, including at any event or any location related to work, and that the individual knew or ought reasonably to have known would cause offence or harm to:
-children and families enrolled in our school
Our Preschool is a Respectful Workplace.
All teachers, students, and parents are expected to actively participate in developing and maintaining a respectful and positive work environment. A respectful workplace is characterized by:
– Polite behaviour: courteous and considerate behaviour towards others.
– Inclusion of people with different backgrounds, cultures, strengths and opinions.
– Safety from disrespectful, discriminating, bullying and harassing behaviour.
– Constructive resolution of differences: differences are understood to be a fact of life and are managed through appropriate conflict resolution processes.
– Support: individuals are supported to learn and practice personal conflict resolution and respectful workplace skills.
The CPPP and individual Preschool Executives are committed to creating and maintaining a respectful workplace. Prompt action will be taken in regard to allegations of discrimination, bullying, harrassment, workplace violence or sexual misconduct (and be reported to law enforcement agencies where appropriate)
This policy covers the wellbeing and safety of its members and staff thru interpersonal interactions.
Any teacher/parent engaging in such acts will be subject to a range of disciplinary procedures up to and including dissmisal. Similarly, teachers who are aware of such acts, but fail to take appropriate action by be subject to discipline.
We adhere to the Work Safe BC guidelines