For the past 50 years, the Jack and Jill Preschool has offered a 2 hour or 2.5 hour class format.
Many families have expressed their interest in a longer class format. During the Covid Pandemic, we acknowledged this need for change and decided to align our preschool with our community and make the leap to a longer class format for the 2021/22 School year and beyond.
2021/22 School Year program
What is changing?
- We are lengthening the hours of the two types of classes we offer for September 2021 and into the future
- Rate has increased to reflect the current cost and value of Early Childhood Education
- 4’s class will change to two days, for now
- One in take of students a year – September
What is staying the same?
- We will continue to run our school as a Non-Profit Society
- Parents will continue to help with school jobs and be on our Executive
- We will continue to offer Parent Eduction opportunities
- Parents are encouraged to join us for a class to see how their children are developing, but set duty days are not required.
- We will continue to offer quality Early Childhood Education
- We will continue to offer the Sunshine Coast community, a place for families to connect and grow with.
When can my child(ren) start preschool?
• September starts, the child(ren) must be three or four by December of that year.
How much does it cost?
- Registration fee: 2021/22 School year: $85/Family
- Registration fee: 2022/23 School year: $100/Family
- submitting your registration fee will secure your spot in your desired class.
- 2. Tuition Fees:
Rates Subject to change, as of the Yearly AGM held in June.
- 3’s Class – Monday and Wednesday: 9:15am – 12:15pm- Yearly tuition – $2040.00 – can be paid monthly, September – June – $204/mth
- 4’s Class – Tuesday and Thursday: 9:15am-1:15pm – Yearly tuition – $2720.00 – can be paid monthly, September-June -$272/mth
How can I pay?
Registration fees can can be paid by:
Tuition fees can be paid by:
- E-transfer (the Yearly Tuition fee paid in a One-lump sum payment is suggested for returning families who feel their child is familiar with our program)
- EFT-Electronic Funds Transfer (preferred for monthly payments)
On which days do the classes run, and for how long?
- 3’s class, Monday & Wednesday, 9:15am-12:15pm (3hours)
- 4’s class, Tuesday & Thursday, 9:15am-1:15pm (4hours)
Now more than ever, the BC Government supports families. They show this by offering all families in BC who make under $110,000 a year, the Affordable Child Care Benefit. Click the link the Funding Calculator below to find out how much you could receive.