Updated August 2021
Our Health and Wellness policy is in accordance with the child care guidelines for Commicable Disease Prevention from Vancouver Coastal Health. There will be very strict adherence to this policy.
1. If your child(ren) shows signs of sickness, the morning before school starts with symptoms:
• sore throat/painful swallowing
• difficulty breathing
• unexplained fatigue, aches or pains
• loss of appetite
• sinus congestion
Your child(ren) must stay home and is required for 10 days from the onset of symptoms.
Children can return to the school before the 10 days if they are assessed by the family physician or a nurse practitioner or test and it is determined that they do NOT have Covid-19 and their symptoms have resolved
* A note will be required.
If someone in your family is sick, please self isolate for 10 days, after the onset of symptoms.
2. If your child(ren) shows signs of illness at the school, you will be contacted to retrieve them immediately and they will be required to do the 10 day self isolation.
3. Children with gastro-intestinal problems (ie vomiting, diarrhea) must be kept home from preschool. Diarrhea is defined as repeated bowel movements that have unusual appearance or odor and are often watery or greenish in color. If your child has been vomiting or had diarrhea during the night, he/she should NOT attend preschool for at least 24 hrs and/or until the symptoms have subsided. If a cause of vomiting or diarrhea is identified, or if there are 3 or more cases in 4 days or less in the preschool, notify the licensing officer for further guidance.
4. You must inform the preschool AND keep your child home when your child has a communicable disease (such as chicken pox, measles, scarlet fever, mumps, pink eye and Covid-19).
5. You must inform the preschool if anyone in your family has symptoms of Covid19 and has undergone a Covid-19 test, so we can prepare records for VCH contact tracing.